Founded in 1960, the Standing Conference of the Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the Americas (SCOBA), brings together the canonical hierarchs of Orthodox jurisdictions in the Americas.
The purpose of the Standing Conference is to create and foster ties of unity among the canonical Orthodox Churches and administrations for a stronger and more visible witness to the Orthodox Faith. The hierarchs meet semi-annually for discussion and decisions on inter-Orthodox and ecumenical matters, to review the work of its commissions and dialogues, and to plan future events.
A list of the SCOBA-Member Orthodox Churches is given below:
– Albanian Orthodox Diocese of America;
– American Carpathian-Russian Orthodox Diocese ;
– Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America;
– Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Church Diocese of America, Canada and Australia;
– Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America;
– Orthodox Church in America;
– Romanian Orthodox Archdiocese in America and Canada;
– Russian Orthodox Church in the USA;
– Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia;
– Serbian Orthodox Church in the USA and Canada ;
– The Ukrainian Parishes;
– The Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) ;
– Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA.
Type your query in the box below: