The Orthodox Church of Finland

 

Introduction




The Orthodox Church of Finland
The Orthodox Church of Finland

The Finnish Orthodox Church is an autonomous Orthodox archbishopric of the Patriarchate of Constantinople. The Church has a legal position as a national church in the country, along with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland.
With its roots in the medieval Novgorodian missionary work in Karelia, the Finnish Orthodox Church was a part of the Russian Orthodox Church until 1923.
Continue reading “The Orthodox Church of Finland”

The Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church

 

Introduction




The Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church
The Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church

The Church of Estonia or Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church is an autonomous Orthodox church whose primate is confirmed by the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople (autonomy not recognized by Moscow Patriarhat).
Continue reading “The Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church”

American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese in the USA

 

Introduction




American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese in the USA
American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese in the USA

The American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese (ACROD) is a diocese of the Ecumenical Patriarchate with about 75 parishes in the United States and Canada, led by Metropolitan Nicholas (Smisko) of Amissos. Though the diocese is directly responsible to the Ecumenical Patriarchate, it is under the spiritual supervision of the primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. Its full name is the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Diocese.
Continue reading “American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese in the USA”

The Byelorussian Exarchate

 

Introduction




The Byelorussian Exarchate
Another name of the Belarusian Exarchate is Belarusian Orthodox Church. In 1990 Belorussia was designated an exarchate of the Russian Orthodox Church, creating the Belarusian Orthodox Church. In the early 1990s, 60 percent of the population identified themselves as Orthodox.
Continue reading “The Byelorussian Exarchate”